Australia - Send an Ecard
Send this message (see below
for how to do this):
I believe that Indigenous child abuse and poverty must be
addressed by a long-term and comprehensive response. However,
I have serious concerns with many aspects of The
Northern Territory Emergency Response Bill. These concerns include:
- The inadequate time and consultation given to the
Senate Inquiry process
- The Government’s taking over Aboriginal
land with five year leases
- The exemption in the legislation that
suspends the Racial Discrimination Act
- The abolition of the Permit
Therefore, I urge you
- to ensure that the emergency response over
the next 3-6 months is developed in full consultation
with community leaders
- to support the development of
a comprehensive plan which includes specific objectives, timeframes
and mechanisms to ensure transparency and ongoing independent
- to ensure that by the May 2008 budget there
is a costed commitment to finance this plan
- to ensure that the exemption to suspend the Racial Discrimination
Act of 1975 is never invoked.
Send the message using the ecard to:
- The Hon Mal Brough MP, Minister for
Families, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs: email@example.com
- Mr Kevin Rudd MP, Leader of the Opposition:
- Ms Jenny Macklin MP, Shadow Minister
for Indigenous Affairs and Reconciliation: JMacklin.MP@aph.gov.au
- Mr Wayne Swan MP, Shadow Treasurer:
- Your local Member *
you don't know your electorate or are not sure who your
local Member is, please click
here to do a search on your suburb or postcode
– this will open in a new page and this Refresh Australia! page
will remain open.
To find the email address
for your local Member,
here for a list of Members by Electorate, or click
here for an alphabetical list of Members – this will
open in a new page and this Refresh Australia! page
will remain open.
See below for how to send the message to the Prime
Minister and the Treasurer.
Instructions for sending the ecard:
and copy [Ctrl c] the email address of the Member
you wish to send a card to (see above) (be careful to highlight
only the email address and no spaces).
here to go to the ecard form – a new webpage
will open so that you can return to this instruction page at
the ecard page
is also open.
- On the ecard form fill
in your email address and the recipient's
the email address [Ctrl v] of the Member
(recipient) into the appropriate line (if there is a space after
the email address, remove it).
- After the word "Dear" type
in how you would like to address the recipient, e.g.
- Fill in your name at the end of the letter.
on Preview Postcard to check the information you
- Click on Send Postcard if it is ready to send,
or click on Return to Postcard Form if you want to make changes.
- Repeat this process for each Member who wish to send the
Send the message via personal websites to:
Instructions for sending the message to the Prime Minister
- Highlight and copy [Ctrl C] the message above (from "Dear
..." down to "Yours sincerely").
- Click on the links above (a new page will open
for each so that this instruction page remains open also).
- On the Prime Minister's page, click Continue.
- Fill in the forms on each – your name, email
address, street address.
- Paste the message [Ctrl V] in the Message section.
(Please note: You will need to do some formatting, e.g. adding
spaces between paragraphs and adding a dot or dash at the beginning
of each dot point.)
- Remove "..." after "Dear" and type in "Mr Costello" or "Prime
Minister Mr Howard" in the appropriate form.
- Type in your name after "Yours sincerely".
- On the Prime Minister's page, type in "Indigenous Australia"
or something similar in the Subject line.
- On the Prime Minister's page, click Continue. This
takes you to a preview of your message. Click Edit to
make changes in
your information/message, or click Send to
send the message.
- On the Treasurer's page, click Submit. (You don't get to preview
your message to the Treasurer!)
After sending the messages, you will receive an email Autoreply
from the Prime Minister's Department and an email copy of your letter
to the Treasurer.
to the main Refresh Australia!